Frugal Living Ideas
February 12th, 2013 posted by FamilyCorner Staff
- Are We Really Depriving Our Kids? - One of the main questions I get asked about frugal living is “won’t I be depriving my children if I live the frugal life?” Maybe I can answer that question with a question.
- Being Frugal Without Being Cheap - Have you ever noticed how frugality is often confused with being cheap? Isn’t it a shame that those who choose to live frugally are sometimes accused of being selfish and stingy?
- eBay vs. Garage Sales - I’ve never been much of a believer in getting rich having a garage sale. I’ve had a few of them but the cash I made was never even close to paying for my time and effort.
- Go Ahead and Waste It – It Was Free - Go ahead and waste it; it was free! Have you ever heard that? I wonder if that comment has the same effect on you that it has on me. Actually, it’s more the mentality behind the words that has the same effect on me as fingernails down a chalkboard.
- Simple Living in a Materialistic World - As I sat there folding clothes, I marveled at how little we really needed to be happy. It was quite enough to just be together as we did our work. Many of the gifts my kids received for Christmas were already put away. As often happens, there was a brief flurry of excitement when the gifts were first discovered. Shortly after, the thrill of ownership faded away. And while my kids may be too young to understand it, I’d like them to know that possessions don’t really make them happy.
- Taking The Frugal Challenge - Everyone has a different perspective on frugality. But we all agree that saving money is beneficial! To what lengths do you go to save a dime or a dollar? In this section, we hope you will join us in helping others decide what level of frugality is best for them. Check the featured challenge below and then feel free to share your experiences, recipes, ideas, and more with other readers by posting your comments below. Together, we can make a difference!